Princes has launched a significant new visual identity and vision for its international food and drink group, as it continues to roll out a substantial investment programme to future proof the business.
The rebrand is a key component of the significant business transformation programme initiated by the business at the end of 2017 to drive continuous growth and respond to challenging market conditions, the investments and decisions of which are now rapidly coming to fruition.
Encompassing all facets of the Group’s visual identity and brand, the development is being supported by a refreshed vision for the business, to truly reflect what it stands for as an organisation, both today and tomorrow: “Proudly helping families to eat well without costing the earth.”
To achieve this vision, Princes Group will deliver sustainable profit growth by:
The new identity also reflects that Princes Group has made significant strides in furthering its credentials as a responsible business, and sees this as a key component of its long-term strategy for growth.
The refreshed group identity follows the £5m launch of major consumer rebrand across its entire Princes range of products earlier this year.
“We now have, more than at any time in our recent history, tangible proof of how we are changing our strategy and business for future success, as a result of the transformational change programme and our focus on operational and people excellence, customers and consumers,” said David McDiarmid, Corporate Relations Director at Princes Group.
“Together, our strategic programme and rebrand are supporting Princes Group in being future proof and a more agile and responsive business that is able to reflect changing consumer and retailer needs.”
- Embracing consumer insight and evolving to meet their changing needs through innovation
- Serving its customers to the highest standards as a trusted first choice partner
- Sourcing raw materials responsibly and ethically, adding value throughout its supply chain to provide great tasting food and drink
- Being an employer of choice where our colleagues are proud to represent our business.
With a global supply network and a portfolio of branded and customer own brand products, Princes is one of Europe’s leading food and drink groups. As well as a head office in Liverpool and manufacturing sites across the UK, the company has a growing presence across continental Europe. The Group also has a tomato operation in Italy and tuna processing facilities in Mauritius.
Significant developments recently announced by the Group as part of its transformation programme include:
- The £5m launch of major consumer rebrand across its entire Princes range of products earlier this year.
- The completion of the first phase of a planned £80m investment in its Long Sutton site in Lincolnshire with the opening of a new pea plant at the facility.
- Increasing the recycled content of the plastic it uses, as the shrink wrap packaging on its UK manufactured products moves to 50 percent post-consumer recycled waste (PCRW).
- Confirmation that 100 percent of the tomatoes Princes processed from its Italian supply chain in 2018 came from farms with independent ethical accreditation.
- The Ethical Trading Initiative awarded Princes full membership status as a result of the commitment the company has shown to workers’ rights throughout its supply chain.