Our supply chains and operations are truly global. Corporate Social Responsibility is therefore a fundamental component of our strategy. We want to grow, but must do so sustainably, minimising our impact on the environment and having a positive impact on our communities and supply chains.
Our efforts are focused on three pillars:
- Climate Change & The Environment
- Fair Partner & Good Employer
- Health & Wellbeing
Cross functional work streams ensure we continue to improve across each of these pillars, through the monitoring of progress and the setting of targets, for example, we have recently committed to only using cage-free eggs (shell, liquid & ingredients) across our entire business by 2025.
We also operate separate Seafood Sustainability, Ethical Trading, Packaging and Energy working groups.
We also seek to engage every colleague positively in the actions we take to advance our CSR position and call on all colleagues to make a difference whatever their role.
We seek outside counsel in our corporate responsibility efforts, learning from and collaborating with social and environmental leaders and organisations to ensure we have the most up-to-date information and understand issues as deeply as possible.
Finding out more
See our latest Report 2020/21 or view our latest Wild Caught Sustainable Seafood Statement, which details our approach to the important issue of seafood sustainability.
- Princes Inclusion & Diversity eBook 2021/22
- Group Packaging guidelines 2019
- Gender Pay Gap Report (data to April 2020 – published July 21)
- Gender Pay Gap Report 2019/20
- Business Report 2020/21
- Wild Caught Responsibly Sourced Seafood Guide 2020-21
- Ethical Trade Policy 2019-20
- Code Of Ethics for Princes Industrie Alimentari S.r.l. (Italian)
- Organisation, Management and Control Model for Princes Industrie Alimentari S.r.l. (Italian)
- Modern Slavery Statement 2019-20
- Migrant Worker Contract Policy 2020
- ISSF Participating Company Compliance 2018-19
- ISSF Conservation Measure 2.4 2019-20
- ISSF Conservation Measure 2.4 2020-21
- IFS certification for trading and import of commercially sterile and dry products (pasta, pizza bases, grated cheese) — Princes Limited 2018-19
- IFS certification for trading and import of commercially sterile and dry products (pasta, pizza bases, grated cheese) — Princes Foods B.V. 2018-19
Supply Chain Mapping
In 2015 the United Nations approved 17 objectives, broken down into 169 targets, to be reached by 2030 – the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Attaining these goals is not the responsibility of one organisation but a shared global challenge for government, private sector, civil society and consumers.
There are eight specific goals that are particularly pertinent to our business activities and sphere of influence, where we can make a real contribution. However every goal is of relevance to Princes and we continually assess how we can contribute.